But first I have to steal one of my husband’s points about himself, because it’s so wonderful that it deserves a wider audience:
For some period around the age of 7, I became convinced I was actually Orinoco Womble. The Wombles merchandising at the time included chocolate bars, and I would look at my miniature pointy-nosed face in confusion when visiting the newsagents.
For full enjoyment of this fact, you have to know what both parties looked like:
Stunning resemblance, no? (Also, clearly there’s no argument about whose son Dash is.)
Now that there’s no topping that, here are some much less interesting random facts about me.
1. I played Miss Prism in selected scenes from The Importance of Being Ernest in high school. I knew everyone’s lines.
2. Around the same time that my future husband was posing as a womble, I used to hide behind the sofa when the Daleks appeared.
3. As soon as the weather gets cold, I lose all blood from my fingers and toes, which is very useful when I want to dress up as a corpse for Halloween but otherwise annoying.
4. I had three boyfriends in first grade, but not one more until after I turned 18.
5. I can still recite, phonetically and probably unrecognizably, the “We are now approaching a station; please mind the gap” phrase from the Prague city train system. I can also ask for two beers in Czech.
6. I have not, and never did have, any wisdom teeth. This does not mean that I am less wise than you, but rather that I am more highly evolved, so there.
Tell me a random fact about yourself.